How To Start A Blog - With WordPress And Bluehost In Easy Steps
How to start a blog is a common question that almost everyone asks at some point or another. It's easy to get started with blogging and even easier to keep it going as it grows. To begin with, however, there are a few steps you need to take to get your blog off the ground.
How To Start A Blog - Using WordPress
To begin with, how to start a blog using WordPress with the Dashboard.
- First, look for those boxes under Settings. Underneath each set, there will be a link to add new plugins. Follow the short instructions.
- Next, head over to your Bluehost website. Click on the "blog" icon that says "start today" or something similar. A few seconds later, your blog will be live! The blogging quick start step 2 is to choose your favorite theme from the numerous choices on Bluehost's site.
- You'll want to click on the add two key blogging plugins to find your readers and track stats. Then just click the "Save All Changes" button to put everything into your WordPress blog theme directory. WordPress will ask you whether or not you want to activate the plugin. Say yes.
- Once you've installed your WordPress theme, your next step is to pick a simple theme to make your blog your own. This step is pretty self-explanatory, so I won't bore you with details. The WordPress blog theme system allows you to choose from thousands of free or inexpensive theme templates. You can then install WordPress into a directory of your choosing, and just change the settings within the template to create your very own blog.
- The final step in how to start a blog at Bluehost is to sign up for a free email address and customize your username and password. You'll probably use your typical domain name for your username if you chose a free domain. Once your account is set up, you're ready to start adding content to your blog. Just log in, add a post, ping your blog every day and you're ready to get started.
- The next step in how to start a blog at Bluehost is to log in to your yahoo account and verify that you have an active Yahoo email address. This step is pretty self-explanatory. If you don't have one, go ahead and create a free account at yahoo, and then set up a free domain name for your blog hosting. Once you have a domain name and a web host, everything you need to get started on your journey at Bluehost is at your fingertips
- The next step in how to start a blog at Bluehost is to add value to your blog with tips, tricks, and articles that help your visitors enjoy their stay at your blog. To do this, all you have to do is add a blogroll to your site. Simply click here to jump to the next step. If you want to learn how to write compelling content to create a blog that your readers love, this article is for you. Read on for more information.
How To Start A Blog - With BlueHost
One of the first things you can do to start a blog at Bluehost is to choose your blog name and get your blog hosting set up. Choose a blog name that relates to your niche. For instance, if you are a mom, you may want to pick a simple blog name such as moms or some other easy catchy name. Next, pick a blog topic that you enjoy writing about. If you love cooking, choose your blog topic based on the ingredients you use to cook delicious meals. Finally, select a blog platform that is easy to navigate and a good reader-friendly platform.
How to start a blog at Bluehost is very simple. Once you choose your blog topic and click start your blog, you will be greeted by a blank blog page. Your blog homepage should be empty. To add your new blog page, simply go to your dashboard and click on 'manage'. You will then see a page that allows you to choose a 'blog icon' which is a small picture that is displayed in the corner of your screen. This will be the icon you choose to customize your blog homepage and track stats.
If you want to learn how to start a blog at Bluehost, and you have a good idea of the type of blog you would like to have, you will need to choose a good title for your blog. As you start to brainstorm on how to come up with a catchy title for your blog, don't forget about the keywords. you want to use in your blog's description. Always keep your keyword list in a file as you create your blog. It's always easier to choose a blog topic when you know what your topic will be about. Bluehost offers many cheap domain names and affordable web hosting packages, so whether you are starting from scratch or you are just looking for a great place to build your current blog, it's easy to find a place on Bluehost for you.